- 1) Aquaterra Adventures is also the only Indian Adventure Travel Company that is on 2008 & 2009 list of the world's best adventure travel outfitters in the first Authoritative Rating of Adventure Tour Operators, selected in a global survey by National Geographic Society.
- 2) Outlook Award March 2014 for Favourite Boutique Tour Operator In India
- 3) Atali Ganga won the Traveller's Choice 2013 & 2014 Award for Top 10 Hill Station Hotels in India
- 4) Atali Ganga won the Traveller's Choice 2014 Award for Top 25 Small Hotels In India
- 5) In June 2013, the Conde Nast Traveller listed Atali Ganga on the TOP 50 NEW HOTELS IN THE WORLD!
Aquaterra Adventures makes it as to the list of the world's best adventure travel outfitters in the first Authoritative Rating of Adventure Tour Operators, selected and conducted in a global survey by National Geographic Society. Aquaterra Adventures™ is on the 2008 & 2009 list of the BEST ADVENTURE TRAVEL COMPANIES ON EARTH, also rated by the National Geographic Society. Since its inception in 1995, we have built a reputation of being a leading, safe and quality adventure tour operator, offering one of the widest range of adventure trips in the country today.Aquaterra Adventures™ is:
- Recognized by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, as an inbound tour operator
- A member of The Indian Association of Tour Operators – IATO
- A member of Adventure Tour Operators Association of India - ATOAI
- A member of The Indian Association of Professional Rafting Outfitters – IAPRO
- Its impeccable safety record
- Highly skilled professional guides
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Comfortable Camping
- Excellent range of cuisine
- “Eco-sensitive” approach to adventure travel
- Ability to run large groups in difficult environs
- Tailored flexibility to offer trips to a large range of clientele
- Capability to run remote and logistically challenging wilderness trips
- Innovative trips in the Indian Himalaya, and beyond never offered before
In 2008 and 2009, 2 years in a row, Aquaterra Adventures™ made it as to the list of the world's best adventure travel outfitters in the first Authoritative Rating of Adventure Tour Operators, selected in a global survey by National Geographic Society.
"Who do I sign up with?" - A question easy to answer, you may wonder, in an age where adventure travel is apparently booming. Varying costs are available and there is no shortage of operators willing to run your trip. This is possibly the most important decision for you to make, after you have chosen to take on an adventure trip. There can be several compelling reasons why you may want to choose Aquaterra Adventures™. All of them, overwhelming enough for you to lay considerable importance to the factors that make or break that trip you have planned for so long. Because in a time when travel dollars are stretched, it’s essential that an outfitter deliver the trip of a lifetime, the first time. We are one of the world’s leading adventure travel specialists.
a) Our team of guides has years of experience of travel throughout the Indian Himalaya, from running rivers to leading treks - from the barren Zanskar to the tropical rainforest of Arunachal Pradesh. They speak English, have completed graduate school, are current with First Aid and CPR certification and form the most experienced guiding team in the country today.
b) Equipment on all our adventure travel trips matches worldwide standards. On treks, we use 4 season 2-person tents, which can withstand the harshest weather conditions, and keep you dry and protected from the elements. Outfitter wings accompany all mountain trips for dining under.
c) On rafting trips, we use only self-bailing rafts, with a cataraft or kayaks back up to add safety. We encourage participants to raft all sections of the river, knowing fully that the big rapids (which you may well want to walk around) only add to the trip; often becoming a fond memory, years after the trip is over. We outfit you completely.
d) Our staff is trained in hygienic preparation of meals and offers a great variety of food on an outdoor trip.
e) We have our own transport for moving our guides and equipment to ensure we are always on schedule. We work towards lessening the variables that can make or break your trip.
f) We run all trips ourselves - there is no sub-letting on our trips. We are directly responsible for your safety and the completion of your tour, from start to finish.
g) And lastly, the prices of our trips provide a high value for money returns. They are priced to keep our standards high and your trip, smooth. Cost usually is a deciding factor for many a trip, but for an adventure trip, the deciding factor should be confidence in your operator. We combine high operator confidence with a pricing balanced to give you a trip to remember.